Bluestone invests in lower middle-market companies in the defense and government services arena. The extensive industry-focus and experience of our firm’s principals and investors offers unique insights and value to the management teams of our portfolio companies. Few private equity firms offer the combination of industry-focused intellectual and investment capital that Bluestone has assembled.
The depth and breadth of our industry-focused resources enables us to provide our portfolio companies with value-added capital. Our unparalleled expertise spans disciplines to include finance/capital raising, sales, business operations, legal, and mergers and acquisitions. Some of the meaningful ways we help portfolio companies build value include the following:
- Assisting in setting the overall strategic direction of portfolio companies and positioning portfolio companies to build shareholder value
- Leveraging the access and relationships of Bluestone's principals to bring proven management and Board talent to portfolio companies
- Accelerating the organic growth of portfolio companies by building successful business development and sales organizations
- Executing strategic add-on acquisitions
- Providing guidance for small business firms to transition to successful large business enterprises
- Developing efficient capital utilization strategies and providing access to capital necessary to support organic and inorganic growth activities
Defense & government
Bluestone’s principals have long believed that lower middle-market companies in the defense and government industry represent compelling investment opportunities. The principals’ deep industry-focused experience provides insight into corporate strategy, the intricacies of government regulations, the macro spending environment, and market trends in a fragmented industry. The defense and government industry has a longstanding tradition of proven leadership in companies with attractive expansion opportunities and favorable value creation dynamics.